Giving Day is University of Maryland's biggest fundraising event of the year. For 24 hours on March 4th, the Women's Rugby Team is competing with other club sports to collect the most donations! The donations we receive on Giving Day help us to continue playing the sport we love. We used last year's giving day money to go to tournaments, buy new jerseys for the whole team, and so much more. Giving Day is such an important day for this team, and it only has been so successful before because of the generosity of all of you!
Here's how you can support us:
1. On Giving Day, March 4th, we will post a photo on Facebook with a link to donate to Women's Rugby! The link to donate is also on our site (http://www.umdwrfc.com) and on the Giving Day website (https://givingday.umd.edu). Our donation page link is (https://givingday.umd.edu/p2p/132112/arden-ireland-12a924d3-ab25-4a1d-b503-3d0b6f43dd04)
2. Can't make a donation at this time? No problem! Additionally, every like=$1 and every share=$5 on that post, capped at $100!
3. Tell your friends, family, and any lover of rugby about Giving Day! We rely on the networks of our supporters to spread the word!
4. Follow us on other social media platforms to stay updated on Giving Day news! Instagram: @umdwomensrugby Twitter: @UMDwomensrugby
5. Make sure to use #GivingDayUMD and #ClubSportsGivingDay if you post anything! That gets us more exposure and opportunities to earn extra cash!
Giving Day is a very important day to the University of Maryland Women's Rugby Team. We are so thankful for everyone who donated last year-- the support we receive on Giving Day every year is so helpful to our team and so appreciated! Last year, we were able to get third place among all of the club sports, and we are hoping to do even greater this year!